PDA

View Full Version : D3 continued

skyhawk223
December 4th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Added the insignia after I figured out how to do it as well as some lights. Next will be the windows (the few of them that will be on the ship) and more paneling.

http://hometown.aol.com/~skyhawk223/d3_12_4.jpg

Thomas P
December 4th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Coming along very nicely - I see that you still have those little flotsam items around (he..he..)

Masao
December 4th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Looks very nice. You better pick up that junk lying around. Someone's liable to trip over one of them and sue your ass off.

skyhawk223
December 5th, 2001, 05:32 AM
Those pieces are the window cutters and the form for some doors I put in the back underneath the fantail. I assume that it was some sort of shuttlebay. Besides, I don't think anyone would sue the Klingons, especially in this era :)

Masao
December 5th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Yes, I've heard that Klingon lawyers are much nastier than human lawyers, if you can imagine that.

scaramanga
December 7th, 2001, 11:47 AM
looks a wee bit flat.

Masao
December 7th, 2001, 05:43 PM
"looks a wee bit flat."

Thanks!

Actually, this is a very early Klingon design, so it's supposed to bear only a slight resemblance to the more angular later designs. We all have to start somewhere.

scaramanga
December 8th, 2001, 12:17 AM
just saying that it needs a few cool looking greebles :D

Masao
January 7th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Bernd has posted the new Klingon articles in the Starfleet Museum, so as soon as you, skyhawk, and Ashrak, finish some rendered scenes they can go up in the appropriate articles. If anyone has some more renders of the D5, D6, or D7 I'll gladly take those too.

skyhawk223
January 8th, 2002, 05:39 AM
I will try to render up something decent althoughit won't be too complicated. What size should the image be?

Masao
January 8th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Doesn't need to be complicated. Just something of breath-taking beauty and artistry. Seriously, just a few simple 3-D beauty shots to show what the ship looks like from different angles. I've always been partial to ship shots with a lot of planet underneath (ThomasP will tell you about that), but anything will do. You may indulge yourself, Mr. Skyhawk.

As to what size, I don't really know. What size do you guys usually render scenes at? 600 x 800, I guess?

skyhawk223
January 9th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Ok, sounds good. I will see if I can render some planet shots but I warn you, I haven't done many of those.

As to the scene size, what we are using on the TOS site is 1024 X 768.

Did you see my other message re. the Starmaster writeup and if there is any background?

Masao
January 10th, 2002, 02:48 AM
Yup, I answered in the other thread.