PDA

View Full Version : TIE/d

p.s. Cargile
May 11th, 2003, 07:56 PM
http://cargile.scifi-art.com/tied1.jpg

TIE/droid fighter based on the art by Cam Kennedy from the Dark Horse Comic "Dark Empire", and the same from the SW:EGVV.

A few more details and will be ready to import to Moray for texturing and better rendering.

HawkHart
May 12th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Looks good :) Nice design

rosel_sampson
May 12th, 2003, 12:27 PM
wow. it would be nice to see the phantom tie rendered that nice. hint hint:roll:

JasonA
May 12th, 2003, 04:47 PM
looks cool, nice modeling work :) I think it should have been named a Tie-C just cause of the shape of the wing. coolin lookin, nice stuff

p.s. Cargile
May 12th, 2003, 10:10 PM
This has become a polygon monster. It is finished model-wise. At the moment I type this I'm trying to get a moray udo file that is not so huge that it tries my patience. Can't take any credit for the overall design, since its not mine. About the only thing I designed generally was the outfacing hubs. I took a lot from the TIE and the TIE Intercepter; I have plenty of magazine and book references, including some old dog-eared publications that came out shortly after the film that would probably fetch a hundred dollars on e-bay if I ever denounced Star Wars.

A Phantom TIE doesn't ring any bells with me.

New pics will be in art du fini.

Lucas
May 13th, 2003, 04:52 AM
hey Paul, great work. I always liked the look of this TIE Fighter.

The "Phantom TIE" that Rosel is referring to is from a game called Starwars Rebel Assault 2. and it was a prototype called the X-38 Phantom or something. A friend of mine called Tom Grays has built a really nice one and it's available for download at SF3D. it has 3 fins that extend vertically from the body of the ship and it's larger than a standard TIE, it's a little like a TIE Defender, but bigger and more streamlined. in the game it was equipped with a cloaking device. here's a pic.
http://scifi3d.theforce.net/details.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=8&key=254

p.s. Cargile
May 13th, 2003, 10:04 AM
I know Tom. That's a nice model he did.