Go Back   3D Gladiators Forums > CREATIVE BRAINS > Beyond Reality
Notices
Beyond Reality No matter what the subject - be it Sci-Fi - Fantasy or Real Life / 3D - 2D or web design - this is the place to post your finished artwork for review by the forum members!
To post art for Battlestar Galactica, go to our sister site- Colonial Fleets

Old May 6th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #1
Sean
I colour stuff

Default C.H.E.S.S

Pencils and Inks by Alp Altiner

Man! What a rush the past few days have been!!

Alfred Paige contacted me last weekend asking me if I can colour his teaser pinup by Alp Altiner for his CO "C.H.E.S.S" comic book in time for the Ottawa Comic Con on May 12th. Actually he said he needed it *by* May 12th as I understood it so I thought - Great I have almost 2 weeks!!! - Easy!...

Then on Thursday night I send them the flats and say I'll get most of it done this weekend and then tweak and tune during the week and then get it to them before Friday 11th. Panic stations!!! No! They need it done before Monday 7th so they can print it, then FedEx to Alp and get it on the table at the convention!!!

So devoting pretty much all Saturday and a chunk of Sunday now, here it is... all done. Fastest colouring of something of this complexity that I've ever done. It didn't help that originally there were some towering clouds drawn in the background and I coloured those on Thursday night but they looked... crap.. so the decision was made to ditch them altogether and for me to just paint a sunset sky of my own devising instead - so a whole night wasted in effect and the background redone the next night.

So if you're at the <b>Ottawa Comic Con http://www.ottawacomiccon.com/ next weekend go to Alp's table (#912) and check it out and even better yet, BUY ONE </b> so Alfred can afford to proceed with his book and submit the usual samples to Image etc. Alp will be drawing the series if Image picks it up and depending on how things go with timetables etc I *may* or *may not* be colouring it...

There's a darker background version and the lighter here that I personally prefer and I'm not sure which will be printed just yet. There's hardly any difference between them frankly.

Facebook pages -->

Alp Altiner --> https://www.facebook.com/AlpAllenAltinerComics

And here the official facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/ProjectChess

cheers
Sean
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #2
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: C.H.E.S.S

Great color work, as always. I don't know what the background looked like before, but the one you made looks fantastic.

I was thinking it looks like an Image comic, it has that "Image" style. I see it's not one yet, but he hopes it will become one. I won't be able to make it up there, though that one is a heck of a lot closer to where I live than the ComiCon in San Diego. I may have to try to make it up there sometime. (we have to have passports to go to Canada now, plus I'd have other expenses) But, I hope his comic is a success. The cover is certainly cool.
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:18 AM   #3
Taranis
Admin

Default Re: C.H.E.S.S

stunning work and color

cover looks great

My Blog

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs

Taranis is offline   Reply With Quote